How many times can you count in the last month you thought about skipping the gym? I know I do at least once a week. Do you listen to yourself or do you show up and complete a workout? I show up, and it usually is my best workout of the week.  I look back at my goals my “reason”. I have not only written my goals down, but I also have visualized them (Remember the what are you Aiming At Email). Did you know that even the way you think will have an impact on you in a positive or negative way while training? Well it does!

Don’t Panic
Have you ever experienced getting worked up while drive to work because it seems that you hit every traffic light, get stuck behind a bus, or was cut off by another driver? Compare that feeling to a day the traffic was clear, lights are green, people know how to merge and your song is on the radio. What is the difference? You still made it to your destination right? Heres what will happen, on the bad traffic day your going to be in a mindset that creates negative thoughts, creates irritability for half, if not the whole day. You're going to tell everyone about it, and allowing it to manifest into other little situations. Hell people might even avoid you all together.

What does this have to do with fitness you ask? How many times have you been on your fitness journey and then Bam! you're just not felling it anymore, you are not seeing results, you feel weak, tired and you start self talking to yourself in a negative way, “ What's the point of this anymore?”  “I was doing so good then “x” happened” “I just don’t know what it is I’m doing”.

This type of thinking will bring your results to a screeching holt. Your body will react to it, seriously, your body will simply not perform to its highest ability and it will create a trickle down effect that will land you back on that couch and stress eating! “Well heres to next year right”! Wrong!!

Self Talk
When you start to feel yourself getting into a negative mindset you need to recognize it and self talk your way out of it. How do you recognize it when things start going downhill? Trust me you will know and show will others! Here are 3 way to self talk or reverse that negative mindset and keep on track of your goals.

1. Choose a mantra.
To get started with creating a more positive self talk, choose one of two mantras you can use during your training. This could be a simple affirmation, such as "I feel strong," or the mantra "Go, Go, Go," or another simple, positive phrase you can repeat over and over

2. Practice multiple scenarios.
Once you have developed the habit of repeating this phrase during practice to the point where it is automatic, start expanding the dialogue so that you have familiar and comfortable statements for a variety of situations during your sport. For example, if you are cycling and reach a hill, you might say, "I’m a great hill climber," or "I’ve done this before and it’s doable." If you get dropped from the pack you can say, "Anything can happen, and I’m definitely not out of this. Don’t let up.”

3. Create a positive mental image or visualization.
The phrases and words you choose should be those that you can immediately call up and create a visual picture of yourself doing exactly what you say. The image along with the words are a powerful combination that creates a positive message tied to a belief.

Practice
Like anything else in life, self talk takes practice. put once you make a habit of it, I can guarantee your fitness results and goals will be well on there way! Make it a point to practice self talk regardless of your mindset. This works you just have to try it and be consistent!

Comments

02/20/2016 6:29am

Dana missed the dynamics and physicality of athletics, and obtained certifications in personal training, group exercise, Barre, integrated functional strengthening and, of course, indoor group cycling.

We have to carry the right mindset whenever we train. We can't do the reps if we detest it in the start. We have to love every second of training, not dreading it. I agree with all the points you wrote in this post. We need the most positive mindset we can have whenever we want results through our training.

10/17/2016 12:49pm

I am also struggling whether to come back or not, to continue or not on my fitness habits. I think the reason behind this is the lack of motivation. I am easily demotivated especially when I can't see some results on my fitness works. But I know in myself that I just use this as an excuse. If you really want to achieve something, you would do it with all your heart. You will commit yourself on what you are doing.

03/17/2016 3:31am

Thanks for discussing this information and also I'll love to review your next blog post also.

03/27/2016 11:56pm

JWFNS offers a variety of fitness packages to meet your personal training needs. Our expert coaches and dietitians will have you really, truly fit.

I have always had an interest in fitness growing up. When I served in the Army and they put me in charge of physical fitness is when it really sparked my interest.

I may have a solution for you. Metabolic training or metabolic conditioning is one of the hot topics currently buzzing around the fitness world.

05/20/2016 9:46pm

Before the industrial revolution, fitness was defined as the capacity to carry out the day’s activities without undue fatigue. However, with automation and changes in lifestyles physical fitness is now considered a measure of the body's ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities, to be healthy, to resist hypokinetic diseases, and to meet emergency situations.Read more at fitnesskoerier.nl

07/11/2016 1:08am

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.

07/19/2016 9:10am

Results depend upon your thoughts. So, always try to make them positive, not only for ourselves but also for the other too. If we always expect for good things from other, then we should always return the same thing to others to get the good one.

Sytropin is a good HGH and testosterone supplement on its own. However, without any bargains present, people can do better.

07/11/2017 11:10pm

Positive thoughts definitely create positive results.

Your thoughts and actions lead you towards results.